Date(s) - Thu 5 Sep 2019 - Fri 6 Sep 2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Ardington School of Crafts
Starting with the basics of how to roll, shape and pattern the clay, we will quickly move on to learn lots of exciting techniques including using liquid silver to paint a leaf , creating incredible detail using moulds and even making a ring – that fits! Choose to make earrings, bracelets, necklaces or brooches and more. Two days full of exciting creativity with lots of wonderful tips and tricks for producing professional quality, unique, silver jewellery.
- Introduction to tools and equipment
- Rolling and shaping the clay
- Drying and refining your designs
- Firing – including how easy it is to fire silver clay at home, you don’t need a kiln
- Polishing & burnishing
- Using lump and paste-type silver clay
- How to use moulds to create relief and detail in your work
- Attaching fixtures and fittings
- Making a simple, silver band ring – that fits
- Information about hallmarking
- Finishing to a professional standard
This course is designed for a range of abilities from complete beginners to intermediate level
Course fees of £170 includes lunch & refreshments.
Materials are not included in the course fee. These will be provided by the tutor – the approximate cost will be £75 payable on the day.
To book your place click here