Date(s) - Wed 26 Feb 2020
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Art Shed
The class will cover how to plan, create, fire and finish simple jewellery designs in real fine silver.
With all use of equipment and materials (including the silver!) included in the price!
In just 1/2 a day expect to make a pendant – which will be ready to wear by the end of the class.
We’ll cover all the key techniques of planning, rolling, shaping, design and decoration as well as polishing and making up your finished pieces. We’ll also look at how easy it is to fire the clay at home – you don’t need a kiln. I will talk you through every stage, step by step with lots of demos and tips for silver success!
By the end of the workshop, you will have learnt:
1. How silver clay is made and where it comes from
2. The importance of planning your design
3. How to create simple designs using everyday items and a few basic tools
4. How to fire the clay at home. It takes just a few minutes and you don’t need a kiln.
5. Polishing and finishing your designs to a professional standard
6. The next steps to continue your silver clay adventure….!
A small range of books, sterling silver chains, thong, pearls and extra silver clay will be available to buy. Prices approx. £2.50 – £20.00
To book your place click here
‘By joining this class you agree not to benefit financially from my ideas, designs, projects or lesson plans. In other words, I’m delighted to introduce you to the wonderful world of silver clay but if you are hoping to either teach or sell your jewellery in the future, please don’t copy.’